Yesterday was amazing. Just a simple and gorgeous Easter Sunday spent with my family. Talking and hiding eggs and eating and laughing and drinking and cracking confetti eggs on unsuspecting family members heads. It was a perfect day. It was perfect thanks to my dear friend, Spring. There are so many things I love about this season so I thought it would be fun to dedicate a little ditty to Spring because after all, seasons read my blog!
- Because of you, Peeps and Cadbury Eggs are in full force this time of year allowing all the little sugar fiends to snack guilt free because, well, when a candy is seasonal, it’s calorie free. Obviously.
- Thank you for being the middle man between Winter and Summer. You always know that my arms aren’t exactly in sleeveless shirt / hot weather shape and you never fail to keep it cool enough to wear a light sweater. I get it. Pumping iron as I type.
- You bring back the light. That extra hour of gorgeous sunlight for all of us to stay outside a little longer, drive down the coast a little later. And let me just be honest, there’s more time to enjoy a cute husband when he gets home from work.
- Dodgers baseball. I always get excited when April rolls around because of the boys in blue. I’m a big sports fan and the Dodgers are my boys. I absolutely love going to weekday game, eating hot dogs, dressed like a boy, taunting the other team.
- Spring = color. Flowers start blooming, stores are filled to the brim with bright hued clothing and I can don my bright pink toenail polish while wearing sandals again.
Sidenote: I wrote this post yesterday, before it was pouring rain in Los Angeles. Oops. Just go with it. Happy Monday!